(Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

Doctors Find Over 700 Tapeworms in Brain of Man That Ate Undercooked Pork

A man in China went to the hospital because he was having seizures and losing consciousness. He had no idea that the whole reason was because he just ate undercooked pork.

The patient, identified as 43-year-old Zhu Zhongfa got an MRI that revealed over 700 tapeworms living inside the man’s brain and chest.

Doctors at the hospital were able to diagnose the problem and began treating Zhongfa for the infection of worms.

“Different patients respond [differently] to the infection depending on where the parasites occupy,” Dr. Huang Jianrong, Zhongfa’s doctor at Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, said. “In this case, he had seizures and lost consciousness, but others with cysts in their lungs might cough a lot.”

The doctor said that he is responding well to the treatment, however there could possibly be some long-term affects with this.

This is why it is always recommended to cook pork (and other meats) to a MINIMUM of 145 degrees. In fact, I just found this out when cooking a turkey for the first time for Thanksgiving this past week.

 

Upcoming Events

Fri 13

Join The New Country Crew At Sprint!

December 5 @ 5:00 pm - December 22 @ 1:00 pm
Sprint
Sacramento
Sat 14

The 37th Santa Parade

December 14 @ 10:00 am
Sun 15

Join The New Country Crew At Patriot Off-Road!

December 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Patriot Off-Road
Sacramento

Listen Live