Business Insider has posted a list of all the new food trends coming with the New Year, according to Whole Foods. Here are their top food predictions for 2019:
1. Pacific Rim-inspired flavors – Tastes from Asia, Oceania, and the western coasts of South America are said to become trendy with the New Year. Whole Foods specifically calls out guava, dragon fruit, Filipino sausage longganisa, dried shrimp, cuttlefish, and shrimp paste as notable ingredients of this trend.
2. Shelf-stable probiotics – Fermented and pickled foods are going to be trendier than ever, with wellness-focused brands, cleaning products, and beauty brands getting in on it in 2019.
3. Phat fats – Fats that are vegan and keto-friendly are gaining popularity, according to Whole Foods.
4. Frozen treats of a different kind – When you think of frozen treats, what comes to mind? In 2019, it will be lots of avocado, hummus, tahini and coconut water! Maybe even frozen cheese swirls!
5. Marine munchies beyond seaweed – In addition to the growing popularity of seaweed, seaweed butter and kelp noodles are on the rise in 2019.
6. Faux meat snacks – Have you ever tried any of these? You might in 2019!
See the full list of 2019 food trends HERE!