Sacramento And Elk Grove Road Closures For This Week’s Amgen Tour Of California
By Admin on May 16, 2018
This week is going to be busy in Elk Grove and Sacramento, which means mega road closures. Not only is the Amgen Tour of California happening, but also commencement and other events.
So, many streets in downtown Sacramento will be closed on Saturday. According to the Sacramento Bee, closures will start on Friday afternoon.
Sacramento Road Closures for the Amgen Tour of California
However, some streets will not be closed off until early morning on Saturday. Here’s a list of where to probably avoid, unless you want to see the race.
- L Street from 9th to 19th streets
- Capitol Mall from 3rd to 10th
- N Street from 7th to 15th
- Q Street from 14th to 19th Street
- 18th Street from L to Q
- 10th Street from J to P streets
- 11th street from N to P streets (on-street parking restricted)
- 12th Street from N to O Streets (on-street parking restricted
- 15th street from J to R
Elk Grove Road Closures for the Amgen Tour of California
Elk Grove will start to see road closures on Wednesday to prepare for Thursday’s Amgen bike races. And, according to the City of Elk Grove’s website, the following streets will be closed all day:
- Big Horn Blvd. from Lotz Parkway to Elk Grove Blvd.
- Civic Center Drive from Laguna Springs Drive to Bruceville Road
Additionally, other areas are subject to rolling closures including the following:
- Big Horn Boulevard
- Bruceville Road
- Whitelock Parkway
- Bilby Road
- Franklin Boulevard
- Hood-Franklin Road
But, to be safe (and on time) check out the website above before planning your commute. Then you can make sure you will hit the least amount of traffic.
And, there’s some closures in Folsom, too.
So, will you be watching the race? Or trying to avoid the traffic from it?