I kinda saw this coming once they announced that Coachella would be cancelled for this year.
Riverside County Public Health Officer Dr. Cameron Kaiser signed an order Wednesday canceling both Coachella and Stagecoach, citing concerns over a possible surge of Coronavirus cases in the fall.
He said, “I am concerned as indications grow that COVID-19 could worsen in the fall,” Kaiser said in a statement. “In addition, events like Coachella and Stagecoach would fall under Governor Newsom’s Stage 4, which he has previously stated would require treatments or a vaccine to enter. Given the projected circumstances and potential, I would not be comfortable moving forward.
“These decisions are not taken lightly with the knowledge that many people will be impacted. My first priority is the health of the community.”
The Stagecoach lineup included huge country starts, such as Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood, Eric Church, Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus, ZZ Top and Alan Jackson.
It was first expected to take place in April, two months ago, but was then later postponed to take place Oct. 23-25.
They are expecting Coachella and Stagecoach to happen in 2021.
“We look forward to sharing our new lineups and more information,” promoter Goldenvoice said in a tweet. “We can’t wait to be together in the desert again when it is safe.”
Click here to see the full statement.