There’s A Pill That Can Make Your Blood Poisonous to Mosquitoes

Already feeling the wrath of the mosquitoes this week? There might be a permanent fix for this!

By Pacey on March 30, 2018
(Photo by Kevin Frayer/Getty Images)

Ever since moving to Sacramento years ago, I’ve noticed one major problem that starts usually around this time. Mosquitoes are EVERYWHERE. I’ve never been bit my mosquitoes so much, until spring time happens in Sacramento. There’s a pill that could make your blood poisonous to mosquitoes for up to 28 days after taking it! It’s called ivermectin, which was originally used to fight parasites that cause river blindness and elephantitis, developed in the 1980s. A study in Kenya has shows that if taken for 3 days, your blood can be poisonous to mosquitoes for up to 28 days. Click here for the full story.

Around the site